In Dakota Territory.
- Bon Homme County has:
- Lewis and Clark Lake (Missouri River) for the southern boundary
- Yankton County for the eastern boundary
- Hutchinson County for the northern boundary
- Charles Mix County for the western boundary
The majority of the citizens of the area in and around Tabor are of southern Bohemia, Czech Republic or Slovakian Decent.
The primary occupation of the citizens revolves around the agriculture industry.
The citizens are predominately Roman Catholic.
Three public parks:
Leonard Cimpl Park:
- Sand volleyball
- Basketball Court
- Tennis Court
- Softball Diamond
Vancura Memorial Park:
- Czech Heritage pioneer mini-village and museum.
- Blachnik Museum
St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church and cemetery.
Czech Days, the huge heritage celebration, is held on the third weekend in the
month of June.
Streets are hard surfaced
Water from the B-Y Rural Water District
Electricity from Bon Homme-Yankton Electric Association rural electric cooperative
Local telephone call from Tabor to Tyndall and from Tabor to Yankton.